The boys just finished up another season of flag football. Since they aren’t able to play on the same team because of the age divisions, we end up spending LOTS of time every week at the football field. Luckily, for the past two seasons all of our games have been on Friday nights. There’s just something about playing football at night under the bright lights that makes it a little more fun and exciting. We usually grab a couple bags of kettle corn from the snack bar and call it a family night. I’ve never been much of a football fan, but when it comes to my boys, I’m right there cheering with everyone else (okay…screaming!).
Carter was able to play with several friends and teammates that he already knew. This wasn’t their best season, but it’s all about how you play the game, right? We’re so proud of Carter for always keeping a positive attitude and being a great team player. His highlight of the season was receiving the MVP Award for most improvement after the first game. Way to go, Carter!
Brady was put on a new team this season because several of his old teammates moved on to tackle football. I am SO not ready for that yet! This new team wasn’t quite as successful as his last team, but this allowed Brady the chance to step up as one of the star players. He is especially good at defense because he is so quick, but he even scored a couple touchdowns and made some interceptions. He was beaming at the awards ceremony when his coach said that, “Brady can do EVERYTHING.”
Camryn and Sawyer look forward to our Friday nights at the football field, too!
By the end of the season I’m usually a little worn out and ready for a break. Somehow my memory always fades, though, and we end up signing up for another season. As long as they’re having fun!
That all sounds so fun! I would do football except I'm not willing to be a spectator in the snow and freezing temperatures. That's why my boys do Jr. Jazz basketball - it's indoors!
ReplyDelete